What is GOTS certified organic cotton?

If you're looking for high-quality, eco-friendly fabrics, you may have come across the term "GOTS certified organic cotton." But what does that mean, exactly?

GOTS, or the Global Organic Textile Standard, is an international certification that ensures fabric meets strict environmental and social criteria throughout its entire journey, from farm to finished product. In order to be GOTS certified, a fabric must be made of at least 95% certified organic fibers, and the remaining 5% can be made up of non-organic fibers that are on the GOTS approved list (such as recycled polyester).

GOTS Global Organic Textile Standard

The certification also covers the entire manufacturing process, from spinning and weaving to dying and printing. Every step must meet strict standards for energy and water use, waste management, and worker safety.

So when you see a fabric that's GOTS certified, you can be sure it's eco-friendly and made with the highest regard for social and environmental responsibility.